August 1, 2014

July - Fitness Journal (weeks 1 - 4)

Yikes. It's been a while since I last posted my weekly workouts - but, never fear! I have been faithfully completing them despite my lack of posting them.

I started P90X3 at the beginning of July, and I absolutely l.o.v.e. it! There's a variety of workouts (cardio, "mmx", yoga, stretching, arms, abs, and legs etc) and they're so much fun! The workouts are also 30 minutes long - which are really handy if  you have a super busy schedule (as we've had this summer) - so it's easy to fit working out into your day!

Throughout July, I did some running speedwork, and reached my goal of a 6 minute/a mile pace! After those weeks, I haven't done a lot of "hard core running", but starting next Monday, I'm going to (hopefully) start my 10K training schedule again - but just for fun. :)




July - Week 1

Monday - The "Accelerator" Workout (30 minutes) and a 2 mile run.
Tuesday  - the "Warrior" Workout (30 minutes) This workout has cardio, core and lots of pushups for arm work. :)
Wednesday - "Yoga X3" (30 minutes) and a 2 mile run.
Thursday - "CVX" workout (30 minutes). CVX is a cardio workout with weights and a great workout!
Sunday - 2.5 mile walk

July - Week 2
*This week, aside from the usual P90X3 schedule, I introduced some speedwork into my running.

Monday - "Total Synergistics" Workout (30 minutes) and a 3 mile run.
Tuesday - "Agility X" workout (30 minutes) and 2 mile run at a 6 minute/a mile pace. (12 minutes)
Wednesday - Yoga X3 (30 minutes) and a 2 mile run at a 6 minute/a mile pace. (12 minutes)
Thursday - "CVX" workout (30 minutes) and a 2 mile run in 11 minutes.
Friday - "Isometrix" workout (30 minutes) and a 2 mile run at a 6 minute/ a mile pace.

July - Week 3

Monday - "Accelerator" workout (30 minutes) and 2 mile run (12 minutes).
Tuesday - "Warrior" workout (30 minutes) and 2 mile run (12 minutes).
Wednesday - X3 Yoga
Thursday - 4 mile run at a 6 minute/a mile pace (24 minutes)
Friday - "CVX" workout (30 minutes)

July - Week 4
*week 4 in p90x3 is a "transition" week, so the workouts featured lighter things like pilates/yoga/stretching etc.

Monday - "Dynamix" workout (30 minute) and 2.8 mile walk
Tuesday - "Accelerator" workout (30 minutes)
Wednesday - "Pilates X" (30 minutes)
Thursday - "Agility X" workout (30 minutes)

July - Week 5

Monday - "Triometrics" workout (30 minutes)
Tuesday - "the Warrior" workout (30 minutes)
Wednesday - Yoga X3 and a 2 mile run.
Thursday - "MMX" workout (30 minutes) I L.O.V.E.D. this workout!
Friday - "CVX" workout (30 minutes)


 



No comments:

Post a Comment